Note: The Verida Wallet is currently on testnet. Do not send any real / mainnet tokens to the Verida Wallet, or they will be lost.
Verida Wallet currently supports tokens on Ethereum, Algorand, NEAR, and Polygon. This guide will step you through how to send Ethereum (ETH) tokens on the Goerli Test Network from Goerli Faucet → Metamask Wallet → Verida Wallet Ethereum Wallet.
An Ethereum faucet is a developer tool to get testnet Ether (ETH) in order to test and troubleshoot decentralized application or protocol before going live on mainnet, where one must use real Ether. Most faucets require social authentication (e.g. Twitter post or login confirming you are a real human) or place you in a queue to wait for a testnet token through the faucet. The Alchemy Goerli faucet is free, fast, and does not require authentication, though you can optionally login to Alchemy to get an increased drip. https://goerlifaucet.com/
Metamask is a crypto wallet that provides support for ETH-based tokens. If you don’t have a Metamask wallet, create one https://metamask.io/
The Verida Wallet is a self-custody web3 mobile wallet that supports zero knowledge credentials and multiple blockchains. Users can manage their self-sovereign decentralized identities and encrypted personal data all secured by the Verida Network. The Verida Wallet is currently operating on the Acacia Testnet. You can download the Verida Wallet at verida.io and create your new decentralized identity.
Video guide: Coming soon
1. Send ETH from Goerli Faucet to Metamask
- Login to Metamask.
- In Metamask, switch to the Goerli Test Network. If Goerli doesn’t show up, toggle the settings under “Show/hide test networks” to show test networks.
- Copy your Metamask wallet address
- Head to the Goerli Faucet (https://goerlifaucet.com/), sign in or sign up and send ETH to your Metamask wallet. Once the transaction has been completed, you’ll have 0.02 ETH in your Metamask wallet.
2. Send ETH from Metamask to Verida Wallet
- Login to the Verida Wallet mobile app.
- In the Verida Wallet mobile app, go to the Assets screen > Ethereum (ETH) > Receive to copy your Verida Wallet Ethereum address.
- Head back to Metamask to send ETH (on Goerli testnet) to your Ethereum wallet in the Verida Wallet.
- In the Verida Wallet mobile app, go to the Assets screen > Ethereum (ETH), and you’ll see the ETH has been received in the wallet.